This position is located in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Marine Fisheries Services (NMFS), Pacific Islands Regional Office (PIRO), in Honolulu, HI.Learn more about this agency
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band.
The ZP-2 is equivalent to the GS-07-10 grade level.
The full performance level of this positon is ZP-02.
Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) of 11.32% is paid for locations in Hawaii. COLA is exempt from Federal income taxes. The COLA is not reflected in the locality salary shown in this vacancy announcement.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NMFS-PIR-2018-0015, which is open to status candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
* A one year probationary/trial period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
* This position is not in the bargaining unit.
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Biologist, ZP-0401-02 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band and requires the same qualifications and specialized experience as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
Physical Requirements: On an intermittent basis, the incumbent must be able to swim and tread water in seawater and pools, and be able to pull him/herself up in order to exit the water onto rafts; must be able to assist in moving aquatic animals up to 100 lbs.; must be able to lift objects up to 50 lbs. unassisted; must be able to repeatedly bend and stoop while measuring aquatic animals.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Advise observers in collection of protected species and fisheries research data.
- Perform administrative duties related to observer programs including making recommendations about observer program.
- Assist in training and briefing observers.
- Monitor data collection, entry, analysis, management, and storage of fisheries observer data.
- Debrief returning observers, and validate/verify the accuracy of data.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All qualified United States Citizens or Nationals.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488105200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.