Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
Fort Leavenworth is located in the Greater Kansas City metropolitan area. Kansas City, well known for its BBQ and Jazz, is rich in culture with a thriving performing arts scene. For the sports enthusiasts, Kansas City hosts professional sports with the Royals, Chiefs and Sporting Kansas City soccer club. An international airport is conveniently located within a 30 minute drive of Fort Leavenworth. More information may be found at www.visitkc.com or https://garrison.leavenworth.army.mil/.
About the Position:
This position serves as a Protocol Assistant for the U.S. Army Combined Arms Center (CAC), Protocol Office providing protocol support and administrative assistance.
- Moving expenses are NOT authorized, based on a determination that a move is not in the Government's interest.
- Recruitment relocation and/or retention incentives are NOT being offered for this position.
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement Eligible
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
Learn more about this agency
- Prepares tasking requests as needed for officers and/or non-commissioned officers to escort or chauffeur distinguished visitors.
- Assists with inspection of visitor's room prior to arrival of guest to ensure welcome packets, flowers and/or fruit baskets, etc. are appropriate as well as the cleanliness and room set-up are in accordance with local policies and procedures.
- Assists Protocol Officer with social events in connection with a distinguished visit, i.e. set up of luncheons, dinner and ceremonies to ensure reservations, invitations, place cards, etc. are taken care of in a timely manner.
- Sets up briefing rooms prior to distinguished visitors arrival to include scheduling refreshments, name cards, handouts, etc.
- Tears down room after event is completed to ensure room is put back to normal appearance in a timely manner.
- Manages and maintains all flag requirements and equipment.
- Receives visitors, and answers telephone calls and personal inquiries relative to the activities of the office.
- Receives incoming correspondence, retains items to be handled personally and forwards remainder to supervisor or staff for action.
- Maintains office files.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates, VEOA, Schedule A, Military Spouses
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488104300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.