This National Guard position is for a SELF-ASSESSMENT MONITOR, Position Description Number D2245000and is part of 155 ARW, Nebraska Air National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is a Title 32 excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA AIR NATIONAL GUARD PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL RECRUITING OFFICE AT 402-309-1172.
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: THIS IS A DUAL STATUS EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION OPEN TO ENLISTED PERSONNEL ONLY.
ON-BOARD (AREA 1) APPLICANTS WILL MAINTAIN THEIR CURRENT STATUS (PERMANENT OR INDEFINITE)
OFF THE STREET HIRES (AREA 2 AND 3) WILL BE APPOINTED IN INDEFINITE STATUS. INDEFINITE EMPLOYMENT IS TEMPORARY IN NATURE AND WILL LAST MORE THAN ONE YEAR NO MORE THAN SIX YEARS. BENEFITS ARE THE SAME AS A PERMANENT.
OPEN AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: AREA 1, 2, and 3
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
AREA 1 - Current permanent and indefinite Technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard; and current Title 5 employees of the Nebraska Military Department who are military members of the Nebraska National Guard.
AREA 2 - All Drill Status/M-Day members and temporary Technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 3 - Current military service members who are willing to become a member of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 4 - All qualified candidates eligible and willing to become a member of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard. Selected individual must become a member of the respective National Guard prior to the date of hire.
As a SELF-ASSESSMENT MONITOR, GS-1801-9, duties include:
1. Independently assesses wing programs and capabilities as reported in MICT in order to support the wing CCIP and exercise and evaluation program, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, and ensuring the prioritized interest of the Air Force (e.g. SII, CII, etc) and Airmen needs are met. Validates and verifies wing, group, and squadron self-assessment (SA) program results to enable the Wing IG to plan, organize, and execute a wide range of activities for the CCIP under AFIS. Manages the SA by ensuring that the MICT is accurate and up to date.
2. Performs analysis of unit self-assessed capabilities versus inspection requirements to build inspection sampling strategies. Establishes and utilizes metrics and analysis systems to assess efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance with regulatory procedures to enable Wing IG to determine the most efficient exercise and inspection scenarios to minimize costs and maximize unit readiness. Interprets data within MICT to allow Wing IG to focus inspection efforts appropriately.
3. As the Wing SAPM and MICT technical expert, trains IG personnel, WIT, and group, squadron, and flight SAPMs on the proper use of MICT. Trains WIT members on how to derive data and validate MICT inputs during inspections. Identifies, troubleshoots and corrects MICT and IGEMS malfunctions and assists in correcting MICT and IGEMS operator errors. Accurately interprets MICT answers, observations and timelines and helps the appropriate Point of Contact (POC) to implement proper countermeasures.
4. Represents the Wing IG with a variety of wing, functional area, local community, state and federal organizations. Establishes, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with ANG/IG, NGB staffs, MAJCOM staffs, State IGs, and wing leadership at all levels on matters concerning Air Force inspections. Represents the Wing IG and the Inspections Directorate at conferences, meetings, seminars, briefings, and other official functions. Advises the Wing IG, IGI and IGI Superintendent on self-assessment trend data.
5. Provides advisory services to individuals, other staff offices, managers, supervisors and employees concerning the IG program and processes. Explains and interprets AFIS and CCIP inspection program and AFI 90-201 requirements to all Wing personnel. Explains and refers complaint procedures, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Privacy Act (PA) inquiry procedures, and Fraud, Waste and Abuse (FWA); etc, and responds to a variety of inquiries concerning redress available to military and civilian members. Coordinates with the Civilian Personnel Office to ensure that complaints and inquiries from civilian employees are processed properly under the appropriate appeal or grievance procedure.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Nebraska National Guard Area 1, 2 and 3 applicants
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488062300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.