The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; Join DHS.Learn more about this agency
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services secures America's promise as a nation of immigrants by providing accurate and useful information to our customers, granting immigration and citizenship benefits, promoting an awareness and understanding of citizenship, and ensuring the integrity of our immigration system. Visit us here for more information.
Everyday our Mission Support Specialists (Property) coordinate administrative actions regarding receiving, distribution, tracking, and inventory of property and fleet management, including property disposal, reporting, and accountability.
This position of MISSION SUPPORT SPECIALIST starts at a salary of $56,233 GS-09 grade level (Step 01) grade level, with promotion potential to$106,012 GS-12 grade level (Step 10) grade level. Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Refugee, Asylum, & International Operations Directorate, Mission Support Branch in Washington DC within U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here.
This position is in the bargaining unit.
This position is not considered "essential" for purposes of reporting to work when the facility might otherwise be closed.
Relocation expenses are authorized if you are a USCIS employee assigned to the Refugee, Asylum and International Operations program and have been approved for rotation from an overseas assignment. Relocation expenses for USCIS employees assigned to an OCONUS location will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Note: USCIS may fill one or more positions using this vacancy.
The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence, and limited complexity.
As a MISSION SUPPORT SPECIALIST, you will:
- Coordinate administrative actions regarding accounting, receiving, distribution, tracking, and inventory of personnel property.
- Advise management on control and utilization of government-owned property, including policies, procedures, and knowledge of property disposal processes.
- Assist with inventory activities for RAIO domestic and overseas offices; perform reconciliation of owned assets, and verify the existence of controlled property assets.
- Plan and coordinate a variety of logistical and technical functions to ensure the efficient and effective management of RAIO's fleet of passenger cars and vans.
- Coordinate and perform a wide variety of procurement and administrative related services essential to the operations of the office (including, but not limited to preparing purchase card requests and placing orders with vendors).
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All U.S. Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488049600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.