Become a part of an innovative, dynamic, nationwide organization of dedicated health care providers working to meet the individual health care needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives. Indian Health Service (IHS) employees are considerate in our care, creative in our approach, enthusiastic about our work and compassionate with our patients.Learn more about this agency
Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives.
This position functions as a full administrative support assistant to the Administrative Officer at the IHS, Wind River Service Unit, Fort Washakie, WY. The incumbent reports to the Administrative Officer.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Perform staff support work of office administration, to include budgeting, purchasing, supply management, personnel administration, data processing, and files management.
- Track financial, personnel, supply, and other administrative transactions as the documentation flows through the office in electronic form and/or on paper.
- Complete requests for personnel actions and hold new employee orientation sessions.
- Enter and retrieve information from a variety of systems.
- Maintain and revise office filing system.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Candidates eligible under Indian Preference appointing authority; All Federal employees serving on a career or career-conditional appointment; Reinstatement eligible; Veterans Preference including Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA); Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) eligible; Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligible; Schedule A, and/or PHS Commissioned Corps Personnel
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488030500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.