Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.Learn more about this agency
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation
About the Position:
This position is located in the Department of Radiology at Tripler Army Medical Center, Hawaii.
Fort Shafter, HI is the headquarters of the United States Army Pacific. Located in Honolulu, next to Tripler Army Medical Center, Fort Shafter is home to U.S. Army Pacific and Pacific Ocean Division, Army Corps of Engineers. Honolulu is where the timeless radiance of the islands meets the modern luxuries of today. Residents can hike down a lush mountainside, just minutes away from a soaring cityscape or feast at a luau under the stars one night, and dine at a five-star restaurant another. Located on Oahu, Honolulu is home to the majority of the state's diverse population. Residents enjoy extensive shopping, medical, continuing education, and year-round recreation opportunities. Other nearby places of interest include Waikiki Beach, Pearl Harbor, and the U.S.S. Arizona Memorial and other WWII historical sites.
Hawaii has many outdoor activities all year round including surfing, paddling, diving, fishing, and hiking. Conversely, Hawaii has one of the highest costs of living in the United States. The rental market is also very high, as are vehicle operating costs. Before deciding to relocate to the Islands, you should thoroughly research the housing options and costs. https://www.garrison.hawaii.army.mil/
An adjusted Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) applies for federal employees in Hawaii. The adjusted COLA rate is not reflected in the salary shown for this position. Federal employees in Hawaii are currently entitled to receive a 11.32% Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) in addition to the base salary. This is subject to change.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
As a Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist at Tripler Army Medical Center, you will:
- Understand radiation protection and follow all guidelines to minimize unnecessary exposures to patients.
- Receive and position patients for required procedures.
- Select the proper technical factors such as kilovoltage, milliamperage, and time and understand how to control density, contrast and distortion.
- Set up various radiographic equipment such as fluoroscopic units, C-Arms, portable radiographic systems, bucky's grids, screens, etc., to complete all exams with the highest diagnostic quality.
- Perform a wide variety of diagnostic radiology procedures such as fluoroscopic barium studies, arthrograms, head and neck, spines, extremities, chest, abdominal procedures, pelvic exams, C-Arm and portable radiography on adult and pediatric patients.
- Prepare contrast material and/or antispasmodic drugs under the direction of a Radiologist.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488020500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.