IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT:Learn more about this agency
This Summer Internship opportunity will start no sooner than May, 2018.
Please note that if you are a Spring 2018 graduate, you will not be eligible for this Internship opportunity unless you are enrolled at a qualifying educational institution seeking an additional degree (diploma, Certificate, degree program, etc.) or an advanced degree. You also must submit proof of acceptance along with your current transcripts for consideration.
Upon successful completion of the Pathways Internship Program and completion of their academic degree or Certificate program, individuals may be non-competitively converted to a Term position or permanent position in the Competitive Service.
This position is located in Norman, Oklahoma. Applicants must be available to work there for the duration of the appointment.
NOAA is seeking bright, innovative, results-oriented students who are pursuing a degree or certificate program in an accredited educational institution for our Intern Program. The NOAA Pathways Internship Program targets students accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled in a degree-seeking or Certificate program at least on a half-time basis. (Applicants who do not meet the definition of student by the closing date of the announcement will not be considered).
This vacancy may be used to fill other Student Trainee (Physical Sciences), ZT-1399-2 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g. within the same geographic locations, same grade/band and requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
*Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will not be paid. All travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the sole responsibility of the selected employee.
*A one year trial period may be required.
*This position is not in the bargaining unit.
As a Student Intern (Physical Science), you will perform the following duties:
- Perform a variety of aid and technical assignments pertaining to the scientific missions of the organization.
- Assist with research projects including the oversight of field data collection and the preparation of drawings, graphs, or charts using project data.
- Provide support for the production or publication of data bases and data collections.
- Operate various types of laboratory equipment and computer software associated with reference data programs.
- Assist in providing administrative support duties, including locating and compiling research data; organizing and maintaining files and records; preparing correspondence, reports, and briefing materials; and responding to general office inquiries.
- Assist senior staff, project officers, analytical staff, and other staff as necessary.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Students who have been accepted for enrollment or are currently enrolled in an accredited educational institution in good academic standing. Good academic standing is determined by the educational institution, but is typically a Grade Point Average of a 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. Applicants must provide proof of current enrollment in school or documentation indicating acceptance in an accredited educational institution.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487999500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.