This position is located in the National Marine Fisheries Services (NMFS), Southwest Fisheries Science Center (SWFSC), Information Technology Services (ITS) with one vacancy in San Diego, CA.Learn more about this agency
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band. The ZP-4 is equivalent to the GS-13/14. The ZP-5 is equivalent to the GS-15.
The full performance level of this position is ZP-5.
If you are selected for a position with further promotion potential, you may be non-competitively promoted if you perform successfully and if recommended by management.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NMFS-SWC-2018-0004, which is open to status candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
* A one year supervisory period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses may be authorized per CFR.
* This position is not in the bargaining unit.
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Supervisory IT Specialist, ZP-2210-4/5 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
As a Supervisory IT Specialist, you will perform the following duties:
- Supervise and lead a team of IT professionals performing the full range of supervisory functions to include: planning, assigning & reviewing work; developing performance standards; makes decisions regarding work issues; providing or arranging for training and development; and evaluate work performance.
- Provide life-cycle management guidance for major information systems activities; review and provide guidance on investments in computer equipment, software and services and develop, implement, and interpret metrics for the evaluation of IT program effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop and provide guidance on policies, plans, and procedures for the management, acquisition and use of information technology resources.
- Exercise authority to approve the allocation and distribution of funds in the organization’s budget.
Occasional travel - Up to 5% of domestic travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All qualified United States Citizens or Nationals.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487969500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.