Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located in the 1st Infantry Division Protocol Office. The incumbent serves as Chief of the Protocol Office by providing technical and professional advice to the Senior Commander on all protocol matters.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Supervise a staff of military and civilian employees
- Provide professional advice and assistance to the command team
- Manage command events, conferences, and ceremonies
- Support and entertain distinguished guests
- Coordinate visitor quarters and transportation
- Manage funding for the Protocol Office
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position up to 15% of the time.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates, VEOA, ICTAP, Military Spouses
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487861600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.