The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US Citizens and Non-Citizens Worldwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
This announcement is being used to fill multiple positions with multiple schedules at all Child Development Centers, School Age Centers, Youth Centers and Parent Outreach.
The Fort Carson Child Development Centers (CDC) offer full day, part day, & hourly developmental programs for infants, pre-toddlers, toddlers, and preschool children ages 6 weeks to Kindergarten. Applicants interested in working at any of the CDC facilities MUST be available for scheduling: Monday thru Friday, between 5:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Split shifts may be required.
The Fort Carson Youth Center offers a wide variety of recreational, educational, and social programs for middle and high school age teens. Applicants interested in working at the Youth Center MUST be available for scheduling: Monday thru Saturday, from 5:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Split shift are required. This program has evening and weekend hours on a regular basis.
The Fort Carson School Age Center (SAC) is designed to accommodate children in grades 1 - 5 with an emphasis on encouraging physical, emotional, and social development. Applicants interested in working at the School Age Center MUST be available for scheduling: Monday thru Friday, between 5:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Split shifts are required and there may be occasional evening and weekend hours.
Kids on Site offers 24/7 hourly child care for ages 6 weeks to 12 years in a variety of on and off post events. These hours can include early morning as well as late evenings depending on the event to include weekends. Applicants interested in working for the Kids On Site program must be flexible in their availability.
This announcement will have weekly cut-offs every Monday, with the first cut-off date of 01/08/2018. All eligible applicants from that week will be referred to the hiring manager on the Tuesday after the cut-off date.
For more information about NAF HRO go to: https://www.facebook.com/carsonnafhro/ and like us today!
Please include at least three professional references in your application package (resume, cover letter, etc.).
- Responsible for maintaining control of and accounting for the whereabouts and safety of the children and youth in care; assists is maintaining program participant data.
- Assist in preparing and carrying out planned activities for individual age groups and differing development stages within that age group.
- Interacts with children and youth using approved child guidance and youth development techniques in a positive nurturing environment.
- Observes participants for signs of illness, abuse or neglect, reporting each as necessary; notes and follows special instructions provided by parents, in accordance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Sanitizes equipment and toys, noting and reporting any safety concerns.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487712400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.