The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.Learn more about this agency
Direct Hiring Authority for Cyber Workforce Positions:
These positions are being filled under Direct-Hire Authority for Cyber Workforce Positions. The Secretary of the Air Force has delegated authority by the Office of the Secretary of Defense to directly appoint qualified individuals directly into cyber workforce positions up to the GS-15 level (or equivalent) that are necessary to carry out the responsibilities of U.S. Cyber Command. These positions are located Air Force-Wide.
Selections made under this announcement may be non-competitively converted to CYBER excepted service.
For DHA Positions:
This is a Direct Hire Public Notice, under this recruitment procedure applications will be accepted for each location/ installation identified in this Public Notice and selections are made for vacancies as they occur. This Public Notice may be used to fill positions in other equivalent pay systems (i.e., NH, NJ, NK). There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application.
This Public Notice is to gather applications which may or may not result in a referral or selection.
This Public Notice may be used to fill positions in other equivalent pay systems (i.e., NH, NJ, NK).
Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to grade level.
This public notice may be used to fill target grades.
- Serve as a professional electrical engineer, performing design duties in support of an organization. Perform design work for new construction, renovation, and improvement projects for real property facilities, including utility systems, utilizing a professional knowledge of electrical engineering.
- Interpret and adapt traditional methods and approaches in developing design calculations, layouts, drawings, and specifications that support project objectives and standards.
- Prepare conceptual studies and sketches that indicate pertinent design features, material, equipment, and specifications. Develop cost estimates and time schedules.
- Prepare architect and engineer (A&E) statements of work (SOW).Coordinate projects with engineers in other disciplines or with architects.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies to ensure programmed development will not prematurely become obsolete.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This public notice is to gather applications that may or may not result in a referral or selection.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487701500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.