****Note 1: DUE TO USATAFFING UPGRADES OVER THE WEEKEND, ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN AMENDED UNTIL JANUARY 31, 2018.*****Learn more about this agency
****Note 2: ANNOUNCEMENT AMENDED TO INCLUDE THE MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS (TQ'S).****
Come be a part of one of the largest digital information facilities in the world!
Established by Congress in 1861, GPO is transforming itself as an agency and as a business. We provide other agencies with innovative services for the printing, publishing, storage, and distribution of digital content. The public will enjoy permanent access to digital government information, acquiring it quickly, easily, and with confidence in its authenticity. GPO employees are proud of their abilities and passionate about their craft. Whether your expertise is in putting ink on paper, commanding a digital output system, or engineering the delivery of information online, we would like to talk to you.
Are you looking for an opportunity to manage and direct an agency in a visionary, collaborative, and customer-focused manner to leverage technology resources in order to improve business processes, accomplish strategic missions, goals, program objectives and reduce costs? If so then GPO is the place for you!
The Senior Level Service (SLS) is comprised of the men and women charged with leading the continuing transformation of the government. These leaders possess well-honed executive skills and share a broad perspective of government and a public service commitment which is grounded in the Constitution. As an executive, you will influence the direction of innovation and transformation of the federal government and lead the next generation of public servants.
As a Chief Information Officer, your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Serves as principle advisor and counsel to the GPO senior executives on all IT matters impacting the agency.
- Develop and maintains the annual operating capital budgets for network information and technology systems operations capital budgets for network information and technology systems operations consistent with programmatic plans and established financial guidelines. Responsible for monitoring activities and costs as related to the overall utilization of information resources required to meet programmatic operations requirements.
- Provide technology security, compliance and governance expertise. Manage the GPO information security and compliance program to safeguard GPO assets and information and ensure compliance with federal laws and regulations and industry best practices in mobile security, cloud computing and data protection. Responsible for incorporating security into the architecture of the agency's information and systems to ensure that security supports agency business operations. Manage annual information security audits, provide technical leadership for Continuity of Operations and Disaster Recovery. Protect personally identifiable information, ensuring that the agency has appropriate procedures to consider the effects of information management actions on the privacy rights of individuals and that appropriate legal and technical safeguards are in place.
- Provide enterprise data leadership and knowledge management. Ensure that GPO's systems provide timely and accurate financial, customer, risk and transactional data.
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve GPO's goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technology and business systems across the organization.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All U.S. Citizens, Senior Executive Service
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487690500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.