What exciting career opportunities await you at CDC?Learn more about this agency
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is the agency Americans trust with their lives. As a global leader in public health, CDC is the nation's premier health promotion, prevention, and preparedness agency. Whether we are protecting the American people from public health threats, researching emerging diseases, or mobilizing public health programs with our domestic and international partners, we rely on our employees to make a real difference in the health and well-being of people here and around the world.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position with the Commissioned Corps may apply online to this announcement. Candidates will be referred as (CC) personnel and not as candidates for conversion to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-CDC-D4-18-10101326 under competitive procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under competitive procedures.
NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Center for Global Health (CGH), Global Immunization Division (GID), Strategic Information and Work Development Branch (SIWD), Atlanta, GA.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical location CDC-wide.
CDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a Mathematical Statistician, you will:
- Develops and applies advanced mathematical and statistical analysis techniques to the design of epidemiologic and laboratory studies and analysis of data to evaluate the incidence and spread of bacterial pathogens.
- Applies existing statistical inference procedures, and develops new techniques or refines existing techniques whenever necessary, to refine and test hypotheses related to objectives of GID research.
- Provides training in standard and state-of-the-art or emerging statistical methods for statisticians and non-statisticians within and outside GID.
- Directs biostatistical and data management work performed by junior statisticians, epidemiologists, statistical assistants and support staff.
- Prepares manuscripts for publication, technical reports or presentation, for statistical and non-statistical audiences.
Occasional travel - International 15; Domestic 5%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Federal employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service; former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility based on previous career or career-conditional appointments; displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP); 30% or more disabled veterans; Military Spouses; and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487607900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.