This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT ENGINE MECHANIC, Position Description Number NGD1636000 and is part of the TX 149th Fighter Wing, National Guard.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
This position is located at 149FW, Kelly AFB, San Antonio, TX. The primary purpose of this position is to maintain, troubleshoot, remove, repair, install, certify, test and perform operational checks on the turboprop engines, propellers, and associated propulsion system components.
TEXAS AIR NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: Nationwide Excepted. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, Indefinite, or temporary personnel of the Texas Air National Guard
- All current members of the Texas Air National Guard, and individuals immediately eligible for membership in the Texas Air National Guard who meet the compatibility requirements.
REMARKS: This announcement is Open Until Filled, NTE one year. Applicants will be referred to selecting supervisor(s) approximately every two weeks. Applications received after referrals have been made will be considered for the next referral period and so on throughout the life of the announcement.
Texas National Guard Job Opportunities Learn more about this agency
As a AIRCRAFT ENGINE MECHANIC, WG-8602-10:
- Removes, installs, certifies, repairs, modifies, overhauls, and installs turboprop engines, reduction gear boxes, turbine modules, compressor modules, auxiliary power units, propellers and related propeller components as required.
- Modifies engines, propellers, auxiliary power units, and components in accordance with Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTO) directives; removes and installs engine quick change kits; prepares engines for installation and installs engine and propeller assemblies on aircraft.
- Performs operational checks of installed propellers, engines, auxiliary power units and sub-systems during aircraft maintenance ground runs in accordance with approved checklists.
- Performs isochronal and special evaluations on engines, propellers and auxiliary power units. Interprets certification findings and determines adequacy of corrective action.
- Performs aircraft full power runs and complete engine and propeller efficiency checks. Clears Red X symbol documentation on engine and propeller related components.
- Prepares man-hour data collection and required forms for input into the Core Automated Maintenance System (CAMS) or the G081 (AFI 22-2101, CAMS for Mobility).
- Maintains bench stock, parts, and equipment. Assists the material control function in identifying part numbers and stock numbers for processing and controlling of repair cycle assets.
- Provides on-the-job training for assigned personnel. Plans and conducts formal classes of instruction in techniques of repair and maintenance of aircraft engine, propeller, auxiliary power unit, and related equipment and in the use of diagrams, blueprints, wiring schematics and technical publications.
- Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations such as Operational Readiness Inspections, Inspector General and Unit Evaluation Inspections, mobility, and command support readiness inspections, mobility, and command support exercises.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Full description of the PD can be located at the link below:
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Nationwide (See Open Areas of Consideration) Texas Air National Guard Membership is Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487516400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.