The Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) is the central facility for the acquisition, storage, retrieval, and dissemination of scientific and technical information (STI) supporting the Research and Engineering (R&E) needs of the Department of Defense (DoD). DTIC provides leading edge information services and products to the DoD community as a recognized leader in information and knowledge management innovations.Learn more about this agency
Serve as Deputy Director, Project Management Directorate
- Monitors the DoD research, development and acquisition community to identify changes in the direction or scope of DoD programs in order to assess their impact on Directorate initiatives.
- Works with managers to develop strategies to incorporate the use of information from traditional and electronic sources and to improve the management of the DoD programs.
- Executes DTIC programs using both civilian and contracted personnel consisting of highly skilled information technology professionals.
- Organizes, plans, supervises and directs work through subordinate supervisors responsible for execution of DTIC component support programs, projects, contracts and mission-related areas.
- Assures an effective program of personnel management throughout the organization, providing for sound practices in such areas as discipline, leave administration, employee recognition, working conditions, equal opportunity, etc.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current or Former Permanent Federal Employees, 30% or More Disabled Veterans, Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) eligibles, Schedule A eligibles, Military Spouses Preference eligibles in the local area, Peace Corps eligibles, Family Member Preference for Overseas employment eligibles in the local area, and other individuals eligible under Special Appointment Authorities
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487505900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.