This National Guard position is for a MATERIALS HANDLER, Position Description Number D1954000and is part of the 155th LRS Nebraska Air National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is a Title 32 excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA AIR NATIONAL GUARD PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL RECRUITING OFFICE AT 402-309-1172.
OPEN AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: AREA 1, 2 and 3 ONLY
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
AREA 1 - Current permanent and indefinite bargaining unit Technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 2 - All Drill Status/M-Day members and temporary Technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 3 - Current military service members who are willing to become a member of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 4 - All qualified candidates eligible and willing to become a member of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard. Selected individual must become a member of the respective National Guard prior to the date of hire.
As a MATERIALS HANDLER, WG-6907-6, duties include:
(1) Manages, controls, oversees, coordinates and implements the base mobility assets program and function. Serves as the technical advisor to satellite units and Geographically Separated Units providing their mobility custodian with current information, guidance and training and accomplishes periodic inspection of their activity. Establishes augmentee requirements to support and sustain initial response and post deployment actions. Provides supervision and training to appointed augmentees. Provides day-to-day management and oversight of assigned personnel and monitors daily mobility assets operations and activities. Determines and establishes requirements, forecasts shelf-life expiration, and develops an operating budget for individual protective equipment to ensure critical wartime assets are available to support deployments. Coordinates with a variety of functional elements, personnel, and off-base contacts to accomplish assigned mission. Serves as a technical advisor to the Wing Commander regarding Mobility assets program and issues; and serves as a member of the deployment process working group, and as an advisor to the base Readiness Council.
(2) Responsible for the automated Mobility Inventory Control Accountability System (MICAS) database to include the installation of software upgrades and regular database
backups. Serves as the system administrator to manage and update mobility bag inventory data by loading, changing, and deleting personnel, kit configurations, locations,
lot/contract information; and issues individual stocked items, generates hand receipts and condemns stock. Ensures data integrity and proper accountability is maintained at all times. Collects MICAS roll-up reports from supported organizations and submits a consolidated monthly report to NGB. Authorizes additional users to the MICAS tracking
system. Develops and conducts MICAS training to assigned personnel and unit mobility managers. Develops lesson plans, course materials, and schedules and conducts training.
(3) Identifies mobility bag and customer individual protective requirements. Receives, stores and issues, Type A, B C, and D mobility bag assets. Controls shelf life assets
utilizing Army Electronic Products Support (AEPS) and Joint Acquisition CBNR Knowledge System (J.A.C.K.S.), processes and approves customer requests for mobility bag requirements, requisitions mobility bag assets, performs research, verifies data etc. Determines storage requirements ensuring arrangement is in accordance with applicable directives. Storage should be conducive to a smooth and expedient issue process. Uses safe and secure storage and distribution practices to ensure maximum protection of augmentee personnel and the environment. Stocks, inventories, and tracks deployable MRSP and mobility bag assets before and after deployments. Coordinates the authorization for mobility assets to include: WCDO, MRSP, and all mobility bag assets.
(4) Establishes and controls the MRSP/CRSP program for all assigned units. Coordinates authorizations with NGB. Performs annual review with customers and identifies
recommended additions to NGB. Maintains the Aircraft Sustainment Module (ASM) software and generates assessments to determine requirements for deployments and
supportability of assets for SORTS reporting. Coordinates with supported organizations to determine critical parts required for specific deployments based on available cargo space. Has a custodial responsibility for all the program assets including classified, hazardous and high dollar value items. Develop storage plans and organizes warehousing to protect valuable assets from pilferage and damage. Through extensive knowledge of warehousing procedures and air cargo movement regulations, determines bin and pallet requirements to facilitate storage and airlift movement. Coordinates with inspection and supported organizations in preparing a schedule to monitor and inspect shelf-life and functional check items. Researches and determines assets out of balances by reviewing and analyzing management notices and transactions. Storage of assets is arranged by specific wartime response tasking.
(5) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Nebraska National Guard Area 1, 2 and 3 applicants
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487501200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.