This position is located in the Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection, Headquarters of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and provides support in the areas of conducting, presenting and publishing empirical studies of banking and finanical services programs, regulatory measures, and of depositor and consumer experiences, capabilities, knowledge, and preferences.Learn more about this agency
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement to fill identical vacancies that occur subsequent to this announcement.
- Develop expertise in topics relating to consumer financial decision-making and consumer financial products markets, including issues affecting depositor and consumer protection, community development and economic inclusion.
- Participate in conducting sophisticated rigorous econometric studies for use by the Corporation in studying possible changes in regulatory measures and resource allocations for supervision activities. Study topics may include banking and financial services programs, regulatory measures, depositor and consumer experiences, capabilities, knowledge and preferences, and the availability, cost, and nature of consumer credit, financial services, and community development activities.
- Conduct continuous critical reviews of research literature, banking and financial developments, and related matters to keep abreast of current development in those areas as they relate to depositor and consumer protection, community development and economic inclusion.
- Provide assistance to other FDIC research staff and provide general consulting and research support to help the Corporation accomplish mission critical functions, including support of the Corporation’s fair lending and other examination functions.
- Participate in the dissemination of original research findings through FDIC-sponsored and external peer-reviewed publications and presentations at internal and external events such as competitive conferences.
- Assist in the preparation, planning, coordination, and execution of research-related FDIC publications and special events.
Occasional travel - Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Applicants with status (i.e., current permanent Federal employees in the competitive service and former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility); those eligible for appointment under special hiring authorities; and veterans eligible for a VEOA appointment.
(Applicants without status should apply under FDIC announcement 2017-HQD-B1167 to be considered)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487489400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.