TEXAS MILITARY DEPARTMENT
DUTY: Bear true faith and allegiance to the state and nation; cultivate an environment for all to excel; prepare mentally, physically and spiritually to deploy at home and abroad.
HONOR: Hold the public trust in the highest regard; exceed standards and expectations; act with understanding, innovation, resourcefulness, flexibility and urgency. Do all you can, where you are, with what you have and always place the welfare of those you lead first.
TEXAS: Embrace the courageous spirit of our people, history and culture.
This position is located at the 149th MAI SQ, Kelly AFB, San Antonio, TX. The purpose of this position is to analyze malfunctions, troubleshoot, remove, install, repair, modify, maintain, test, align, calibrate and certify the components of the aircraft electrical system the electronically and pneumatically controlled environmental system, and associated test equipment, and to certify these systems are air worthy, by intensive inspections of the Electrical/Electronic and Environmental System and peripherals.
Appointment Factor(s): This is an Excepted Service position that requires active membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Air National Guard (TXANG) and wear of the military uniform. Applicants who are not currently a member of the TXANG must be eligible for immediate membership If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a recruiter at 210-925-6016 before applying for this position.
Areas of Consideration: Nationwide. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, indefinite and temporary personnel of the Texas Air National Guard,
- All current members of the Texas Air National Guard, and
- All individuals eligible for membership in the Texas Air National Guard.
Incentives: Acceptance of a military Federal technician position may result in termination and / or repayment of military incentives. Please check your contract and contact your servicing Education Services (Incentives) office or the Recruiting/Retention office.
- This announcement is Open Until Filled, NTE one year. Applicants will be referred to selecting supervisor(s) approximately every two weeks. Applications received after referrals have been made will be considered for the next referral period and so on throughout the life of the announcement.
- The Texas National Guard is an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Veterans' preference is not applicable to this position.
- Performs functional tests, analyzes performance and troubleshoots the electronic, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical functions of the subsystems integrated into the digital brake/antiskid system, maintenance annunciation panel (MAP) system of the integrated main generator, standby generator, emergency generator, flight control power, AC/DC power distribution and sub-systems integrated into the electronic/electrical and environmental systems.
- Removes, repairs, calibrates, installs, aligns, inspects, and conducts operational performance checkouts on the components of the electronic/electrical and environmental systems.
- Provides technical guidance, advice and/or assistance to other work centers on the interrelationship of electronic/electrical and environmental systems and their respective system, to include flight controls, offensive fire control radar, weapon release, communications, hydraulic, fuel, engine and egress.
- Processes and accounts for supply assets in the repairable processing system to maintain aircraft records, inspection records, and equipment maintenance in computer systems (CAMS).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The full Position Description (PD) can be found at the following link:
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487477600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.