Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located at Fort Belvoir, VA in the Directorate of Public Works. Serve as a Civil Engineer on an interrelated team of engineers/architects engaged in construction, design and review for the Directorate of Public Works. Responsible for performing professional engineering work in connection with construction projects and major repairs to buildings and structures, surfaced areas, roads and grounds on Fort Belvoir, Virginia.
The position is located in Fort Belvoir, VA. Fort Belvoir is approximately 15 miles southwest of Washington, D.C., five miles from Alexandria, VA and next door to the community of Mount Vernon, VA. It is within easy driving distance of Washington, D.C., national historical sites and parks. You can find historical sites, shopping, schools, and churches in the area. For more information about the area, visit the website www.belvoir.army.mil.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
Learn more about this agency
- Lead a team of professional and administrative employees performing a variety of functions related to construction activities
- Prepare designs for layout as well as cost estimates, time estimates for repairs, additions, alterations and remodeling of existing structures, buildings, grounds and sewage collection and disposal systems.
- Review engineering design of maintenance, repair of minor and major construction projects.
- Provide technical advice and assistance on operational engineering problems.
- Direct mapping or data presentation; direct setting monuments and staking to delineate boundaries or guice construction operations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates and VEOA Eligibles
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487423700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.