The applicant agrees they must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Hawaii, or Nevada at time of Entrance of Duty (EOD)/start date of position, if selected. The applicant must be physically located in one of the identified States or be willing to relocate, at their own expense, to one of the states listed, at time of Entrance of Duty (EOD) if selected. The applicant understands that the applicant will be required to report to a GSA office building site within the commuting distance of the applicant's residence within the states of Arizona, California, Hawaii, or Nevada. If a GSA office building site is not within commuting distance, the position may be converted to a virtual position in the states of Arizona, California, Hawaii, or Nevada.Learn more about this agency
This is a supervisory position established to manage the regional Federal Acquisition Service (FAS), Assisted Acquisition Services program within the Pacific Rim Region. The responsibilities of this position include supervising the AAS Project Managers (PMs) who support client agencies in obtaining Assisted Acquisition support services, including but not limited to: Information Technology (IT) Services, Professional Services (PS) and other commodities and complex services. The incumbent is in direct contact with high level officials of Federal agencies to provide advice and guidance on a wide range and variety of complex IT and/or PS issues, establishing viable relationships and promoting the value and benefits of using the products and services of AAS, FAS.
If you are eligible under Merit Promotion, you may also apply under Vacancy Announcement #1809134KBMP. You must apply separately to each announcement to be considered for both.
- As an Acquisition Program Manager (PM) expert, the incumbent serves as an Assisted Acquisition Services (AAS) Branch Manager responsible for managing and supervising a team of AAS PMs planning branch/individual assignments, performing and overseeing business development activities, and setting and adjusting workload/mission
- Oversees and coordinates a multitude of very difficult assignments such as planning advanced system projects affecting broad areas of future operations, working closely with client top-agency management, technical client contacts, and contractor contacts.
- Supervises AAS PMs who work closely with assigned Contracting Specialists on the procurement, acquisition, and contract administration of contracts and/or task orders dealing with acquisition solutions for client agencies. The incumbent provides technical representative participation at Tech Panels, provides leadership and mentors others in the use of current technical solutions contracts, and works closely with Customer and Stakeholder Engagement (CASE) representatives to expand client base.
- Ensures reasonable cost recovery fees are used for designated projects/tasks and oversees and monitors the development of plans and technical specifications for solicitation documents and establishment of corresponding technical evaluation criteria. Ensures proper technical evaluations are conducted and high quality technical consensus documents are developed to support the acquisition and award to selected industry partners.
- Monitors and ensures PMs conduct proper monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, and end-of-year review, analysis and reconciliation of invoices and billings; and timely de-obligation/funds returned. Ensures accuracy and compliance with applicable procurement and contractual terms as well as the tracking of clients' funds and resolution of discrepancies.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487420300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.