Looking for a great place to work? The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is one of the best! In 2016, USACE ranked number two of government large-agency subcomponents! As rated by their employees, USACE supervisors strongly support employee development and opportunities to demonstrate leadership skills, while also maintaining an optimal work/life balance. The Corps offers a team-inspiring and collaborative work environment; providing challenging and rewarding careers across a variety of disciplines.
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Mobile District has over 1,100 civilian and 10 military personnel. These employees work in fields that are diverse, including project management, water resources planning and management, engineering and architectural design, construction, and operations and maintenance. You will have total program responsibility and authority for the District's Manpower Management Program. You will provide authoritative advice on manpower issues impacting District operations.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Monitor the District's manpower allocation through detailed unique analysis
- Conduct investigations of all requests for personnel actions affecting manpower utilization
- Coordinate preparation of data for manpower surveys
- Coordinate formulation of the District's labor portion of the operating budget
- Provide advice on budgeted vs. actual cost variance.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates, ICTAP, VEOA, Military Spouse
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487356000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.