The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace.Learn more about this agency
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide:
Internal Employees (Air Force Employee - Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employee and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service)
DoD Transfer - Army, Navy, DFAS, etc. (Excluding Air Force)
Former Federal Employees (Reinstatement)
Schedule A - Individual with Disabilities - click here for additional information
ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program)
Non-DoD Transfer (OPM, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.)
VEOA (Veterans Employment Opportunity Act)
30% Disabled Veterans
You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted with each application package to be considered. "Transfer" and "Reinstatement" eligibles must provide their most current SF-50 and the SF-50 reflecting the highest grade held if not reflected on most current/separation SF-50. *Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list.
MILITARY SPOUSE PREFERENCE: Click here: http://www.cpms.osd.mil/Content/Documents/PPP-Program%20S.pdf for specific program
requirements. To request MSP hiring preference, you must submit the following documents: Statement requesting MSP; and Copy of military
sponsor's PCS orders.
This is a centrally managed position in the Audit Career Field
- The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Region Chief by coordinating and guiding the day to day operations of multiple field-level audit offices within the region to accomplish the mission of the Air Force Audit Agency. These offices provide professional world-wide audit services for Air Force Organizations.
- Plans and implements projects and studies that monitor the performance and operation of field-level audit offices that in turn direct programs concerned with major Air Force activities and commands. The incumbent establishes metrics and analysis systems for units to assess efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance with regulatory procedures.
- Monitors audit resource requirements and ensures resource allocation plans are attained so that the goals of the agency are met. Monitors training data of region personnel to determine the status of CPE requirements and other specialized training needs that must meet the GAO and AFAA requirements for auditors. Reviews training recommended by field supervisors to assure it is proper and promotes effective operation of the organization as a whole. Prepares a budget analysis to ensure sufficient resources are available to meet the travel requirements for planned installation level audits and the required supervisory field visits.
- Researches and prepares briefings and presentations as directed that are factually correct and require minor editing. Assists in the planning and preparation of audit conferences, workshops, and seminars for region personnel. Prepares briefing slides for presentation to senior AFAA leaders, to include the Auditor General, that accurately report region audit performance and metrics and clearly illustrate if agency goals were met.
- Prepares and interprets operating instructions, guidelines, and other written products which are clearly stated, easily understood and consistent with professional standards. Interprets agency policy received from the Auditor General of the Air Force, GAO and takes the necessary action to implement the policies.
Occasional travel - Work may require extensive travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Federal Employees, VEOA, VRA, Individuals with Disabilities, Military Spouses, and Former Overseas Employees. See Job Summary for further information on "Who May Apply".
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487312000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.