Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is with the Army Contracting Command (ACC), Orlando, FL, who provide a workforce and customers to execute and manage financial processes to ensure coordination of financial matters. These include the planning, programming, budget and execution system functions across all years (prior, current and future), time/attendance/payroll system control, accounting functions, independent cost analysis program support and resource-related automation tools and the development of standardized processes, procedures, guidance and training for budget, cost, program and systems analysts. Effective 1 OCTOBER 2018, Army Contracting Command - Orlando located in Orlando, Florida, will be realigned to Army Materiel Command. Duty location will still be Orlando, Florida.
This is a DoD Civilian Acquisition Workforce Personnel Demonstration Project (AcqDemo) position. The advertised salary range represents the lowest equivalent GS step 1 to the highest equivalent GS step 10 in the broadband. This organization also uses Pay Lanes. This position is in Pay Lane NH3/PL1. Management will set the pay within the Pay Lane consistent with qualifications/education of the applicant and the expected contribution of the position. Salary range for NH3/PL1 which is $72,168-$93,821.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
Learn more about this agency
Perform professional work in connection with the maintenance of accounts in an automated environment, using a general ledger chart of accounts.
- Serve as the primary point of contact between the finance, program managers, senior financial analysts, and program analysts.
- Performs duties necessary to accomplish accounting functions and resolves accounting and financial reporting issues.
- Works with computer specialists to develop, implement, and modify accounting systems to meet the organization's needs.
- Analyzes and evaluates accounting and financial policies and proposed finance and contracting system changes.
- The work requires adaptation of current and new systems and business processes.
- Adapts and modifies existing systems and business processes to meet changing requirements or to comply with new laws, policy and regulations.
- Identifies accounting needs not met by the prescribed system, recommends improvements in accounting and financial procedures or services, and submits systems change requests.
- Designs, prescribes, implements, or modifies unique financial management sub-systems and applications.
- Advise other accountants, budget technicians, budget analysts, program analysts and acquisition program leadership on systems interfaces and implementation requirements.
- Analyze output for reliability and accuracy and for the effects of actions on other accounts or systems.
- Performs special studies to identify accounting deficiencies or for correction of improprieties disclosed through audit.
- Provide technical trend and analysis accounting advice for management decision making and evaluation of possible problem areas.
- Researches a variety of financial transactions using automated systems.
- Develops and issues training instructions, provides user training and assistance on systems applications, responds to user questions, and resolves problems.
- Attends meetings and conferences on system integration and problem solving and maintains liaison with financial management, contracting, acquisition programs and technical personnel.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates, VEOA, ICTAP, Military Spouses, Former Overseas Employees
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487288300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.