Join the Selective Service System's team of energetic, career-minded professionals! The Selective Service System offers an opportunity for motivated individuals with excellent interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic to launch or continue a career in public service.Learn more about this agency
Our fast-paced environment consists of challenging and rewarding work, training opportunities, and the potential for advancement. The Selective Service System offers competitive wages, the Thrift Savings Plan with matching funds (similar to a 401k savings program), extensive health care benefits (dental and vision coverage available), paid vacation time, and a host of unique work-life benefit options that include telework options as well as alternate and flexible work schedules for most positions.
The Selective Service System is an independent agency whose mission is to (1) maintain a system that can promptly and efficiently furnish untrained manpower for induction into the Armed Forces during a national emergency and (2) provide an Alternative Service Program to men classified as conscientious objectors during a draft.
This position is part of the National Headquarters OD IT, Selective Service System. The incumbent will be responsible for the development and organization of the databases, assessment and implementation of new technologies, and providing Information Technology with a long-term perspective on the relationship of database technology to the business opportunities facing the agency.
This position is also being advertised as job announcement #ST-10105194-18-CA for All Status Candidates.
As needed, additional positions may be filled using this announcement.
As a IT SPECIALIST (APPSW/DATAMGT) at the GS-2210-13, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Analyze and refine systems requirements and translate requirements into system/application prototypes.
- Work with Teams of Federal and Contractor Software Engineers to plan, design, implement and maintain the agency's IT infrastructure.
- Serve as the technical expert and focal point for the database environment and software systems.
- Write, debug, and maintain codes for assigned systems and applications.
- Develop security scheme for the database environment, as well as assist in disaster recovery.
- Develop test plans to evaluate individual programs and set of programs comprising systems.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487283400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.