Why Is It Great To Work For The USGS?Learn more about this agency
Embark on an exciting future! From the peaks of the highest mountains to the depths of the deepest seas, the U.S. Geological Survey has career opportunities that make a difference in both the lives of others and in the environment. Would you like to join the more than 10,000 scientists, technicians, and support staff of the USGS who are working in more than 400 locations throughout the United States? Apply today! As the Nation's largest water, earth, and biological science and civilian mapping agency, the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) collects, monitors, analyzes, and provides scientific understanding about natural resource conditions, issues, and problems. The diversity of our scientific expertise enables us to carry out large-scale, multi-disciplinary investigations and provide impartial, timely, and relevant scientific information to resource managers, planners, and other customers related to: the health of our ecosystems and environment; natural hazards that threaten us; natural resources we rely on, and; the impact of climate and land-use changes. For more information about the USGS please visit http://www.usgs.gov
What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
This is an interdisciplinary position and is being advertised concurrently with the following announcements: DEN-2018-0059 (Open to all U.S. citizens).
As a Supervisory Interdisciplinary Cartographer/Geographer within the National Geospatial Technical Operations Center (NGTOC), some of your specific duties will include:
- Coordinates short- and long-range planning for geospatial products and services at the NGTOC, representing National Geospatial Program-wide requirements and issues.
- Provides authoritative technical advice and assistance to NGTOC management and staff regarding procurement actions and the use of contracts in the performance of the work of the Center in support of the NGP. This includes the ability to interpret and understand the technical requirements of the NGP and its partners and translate those into contract requirements and/or to review the work of others as they perform this function.
- Provides authoritative technical advice and assistance to NGTOC management and staff regarding interagency agreements and other types of agreements with state and local governments and the private sector.
- Serves as the NGTOC's principle liaison to the Department, USGS, and other federal agencies on geospatial product and service agreements and contracting. Works closely with senior government contracting officials and contracting staff to ensure that the NGTOC's contracting approach is consistent with government policies and practices and advances the Center toward the contracting goals of the Department and Bureau.
- Monitors the status of reimbursable agreements and contracting activities to insure funds are utilized and projects are on schedule.
- Conducts research and investigations into new or improved business and management practices related to reimbursable agreements and procurement actions
- Finds and implements ways to eliminate or reduce significant bottlenecks and barriers to project planning and production activities, promotes team building, and improves business practices.
- Exercises significant responsibilities in dealing with officials within and outside of USGS and advising management officials of higher rank in the organization.
- Serves as the supervisor for the 8-11 Agreements and Commercial Partnership staff located in both Denver, CO and Rolla, MO.
Occasional travel - Overnight travel may be required 2 to 3 nights per month.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current or former Federal employees with permanent competitive status; OR individuals eligible under a special or noncompetitive appointing authority (e.g., VRA, disabled, eligible Pathways Intern within conversion period, former Intern noncompetitively converted to a term appt, Returning Peace Corps Volunteer, etc.). Veterans with preference or have been separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions after approx 3yrs or more of continuous active service. Addtl info: VetGuide.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487275400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.