Looking for a great place to work? The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is one of the best! In 2016, USACE ranked number two of government large-agency subcomponents! As rated by their employees, USACE supervisors strongly support employee development and opportunities to demonstrate leadership skills, while also maintaining an optimal work/life balance. The Corps offers a team-inspiring and collaborative work environment; providing challenging and rewarding careers across a variety of disciplines.Learn more about this agency
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Savannah is located on the Georgia/South Carolina border on the Atlantic Ocean and is easily accessible by I-95 and I-16. Economically vital to our Nation, the region is a vibrant tourism destination and the Savannah River supports the fourth largest container port in the United States. Savannah is military and family friendly, home to the Third Infantry Division with Hunter Army Airfield and Ft. Stewart, just 30 miles away in Hinesville, GA. The Savannah District Office is located in the downtown historic district (largest in the nation) where you can live and walk to work. Cultural enthusiasts will enjoy a myriad of art galleries and performing arts events. Atmospheres and cuisines of local restaurants range from sophisticated elegance to down-home southern hospitality. Fresh seafood is in abundance. The subtropical climate makes outdoor activities possible year-round things like walking in the park, golfing, swimming and relaxing on the beaches of Tybee Island, as well as fishing, boating, and other water activities in the rivers and creeks that wind through saltwater marshes. Summers are hot and winters are mild.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
- Works under general supervision of the Chief, A-E Contract Management Section.
- Supervisor makes project assignments in terms of overall requirements and objectives.
- Incumbent is expected to independently plan and execute assignments, establish priorities, and resolve unprecedented problems within scope of the project, utilizing available guidelines. These include the regulations, directives, and policies of this and higher headquarters.
- Supervisor is kept informed of progress and consulted on matters of policy.
- Significant features of completed work receive technical review in terms of engineering and economic feasibility and conformance with objectives and policies.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487231400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.