The Courtroom Deputy manages the judge's caseload, and provides courtroom and other assistance through management of electronic and/or paper court calendars, attending court proceedings, and recording pertinent results for minutes.Learn more about this agency
The United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of California is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Courtroom Deputy. The court is comprised of seven (7) judges and a Clerk's Office staff of 59 employees. The court has divisional offices in Oakland, San Francisco, San Jose and Santa Rosa. The position is located in the San Francisco divisional office.
The Courtroom Deputy manages the judge's caseload, and provides courtroom and other assistance through management of electronic and/or paper court calendars, attending court proceedings, and recording pertinent results for minutes.
- Manages judge's cases by calendaring and regulating their movement, monitoring filing of pertinent documents and timely responses to judicial orders, and setting dates and times for hearings, trials and conferences.
- Keeps judge and immediate staff informed of case progress.
- Reviews information relating to pending cases to ensure that all documents/records and reference material are available for use by the judge and counsel.
- Attends court sessions and conferences.
- Assists with the orderly flow of proceeding including, but not limited to, setting up the courtroom, assuring presence of all necessary participants, and managing exhibits.
- Takes notes of proceedings and rulings and prepares minute entries.
- Reviews legal documents submitted to the court for completeness and accuracy.
- Conducts research and composes and prepares correspondence, procedural orders, and other documents.
- Acts as liaison among the Clerk's Office, the bar and the judge to ensure that cases proceed smoothly and efficiently.
- Serves as a primary source of information on scheduling conferences, hearings, trials, and other case processes.
- Dockets, and pulls case files for calendars and provides ECRO services as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel when court is held in Salinas, CA.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Open to the public
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487207700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.