Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Red River Army Depot (RRAD) is located in northeast Texas, 19 miles west of Texarkana and approximately 170 miles northeast of Dallas. RRAD is near the corners of 4 states - Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Texas. The depot's enormous maintenance mission includes the repair, rebuild, overhaul and conversion of tactical wheeled vehicles. For more information on Red River Army Depot, go to the following web site: http://www.redriver.army.mil/.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
Learn more about this agency
- Design industrial type machines, tools, fixtures and equipment used in production operations to exact specifications to create a quality product.
- Serve as a Contracting Office Representative (COR) for the purchase, installation, startup, and mid operation of equipment.
- Examine engineering drawings and designs for accuracy and conformance to engineering design principles.
- Prepare designs based on calculations of pressures, flows, temperatures, stress analysis, heat exchange, weights, friction and allowable tolerances.
- Recommend approval or rejection and submits engineered recommendation for revisions to insure compliance.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates, ICTAP, Military Spouses
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487199400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.