Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located in US ARMY CERDEC, Night Vision and Electronic Sensors Directorate, Science & Technology Division, Fort Belvoir, VA 22060.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
Learn more about this agency
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert in Electro-Optical Counter-Countermeasures (EOCCM) for integration into infrared and electro-optical sensor hardware.
- Support the development, testing and integration of new and novel EOCCM technologies into tactical military optical systems.
- Conduct internal testing and development plus collaborative work with other Government organizations such as the Army Research Laboratory and the Air Force Laboratory. Evaluate DoD contractor work and provide recommendations to validate and improve their research. Design, develop, and evaluate algorithmic approaches to implement real-time emissive and reflective band target detection, classification, and identification algorithms, and use various algorithmic methods to improve performance and further reduce false alarms.
- Prepare technical correspondence, research papers, journal articles, and use oral communication skills in dealing with small groups and one-on-one to discuss complex technical issues.
- Transition specialized coatings and sensor protection technologies to industry partners and Army customers, manage available resources and apply policy guidance.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates and VEOA Eligibles
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487198800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.