OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
We are people who take great pride and deep satisfaction in providing America's veterans with the best clinical care, the most innovative technology, and the most comprehensive array of benefits America has to offer. In Indianapolis, it's so easy to do so much offering big-city amenities in a convenient, easy-to-navigate package wrapped in a friendly, inviting atmosphere.
The nation's 13th largest city has gone through a dramatic revitalization and a stunning renaissance that makes it a different place than it was just a decade ago. Indy is the perfect balance of cosmopolitan style and small-town charm that makes it a successful destination for leisure travel, conventions and group tours, catering to more than 21 million visitors a year.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities [i.e., intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities], and/or Disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more. Contact the Agency Contact for information on how to apply under this appointment authority via the Selective Placement Coordinator.
Recruitment/Relocation may be authorized for this position
The organizational location of this position is Employee and Labor Relations section, Human Resources Management service, Richard L. Roudebush VA Medical Center, Indianapolis, IN. The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a Labor and Employee Relations HR Specialist with responsibility for planning, developing, and carrying out the full range of labor, employee relations and management advisory services for assigned medical services. Incumbent is responsible for all facets of employee and labor relations which include, and are not limited to:
· Advising senior management on a wide range of difficult and complex conduct and performance issues encompassing all areas of concern;
· Informing employees regarding their entitlements and obligations;
· Serving as a technical advisor and representative for management/legal staff before third parties in quasi-judicial boards and commissions;
· Interpreting laws, regulations, rules, and local polices for management and using computer based programs or other means available to conduct more extensive research to resolve complex, controversial problems;
· Maintaining regular contact with unions and management officials to discuss matters of mutual interest to resolve problems as quickly as possible;
· Advising management on applicable regulations and other considerations necessary for the issuance of a decision in a grievance;
· Representing management in unfair labor practices and representation hearings;
· Advising senior management and supervisors on the procedural and legal requirements for correcting complex conduct problems and administering disciplinary and adverse actions;
· Preparing accurate and grammatically correct written correspondences and other documentation for management.
Work schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 4:00pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: May be available
Telework: May be available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: Human Resources Specialist/ 4580-0
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487080000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.