This vacancy is for a Survey Statistician position in the Field Divisionlocated at the U.S. Census Bureau Headquarters in Suitland, Maryland. The Census Bureau is accessible from the Metro Rail Green Line – Suitland Station.Learn more about this agency
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Survey Statistician, 1530-13 positions within the Census Bureau in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
This is a competitive temporary promotion opportunity not to exceed (NTE) 9/30/2020. This temporary promotion may be extended, terminated earlier, or made permanent at management's discretion. At the conclusion of the temporary promotion, the employee will return to their position of record.
A probationary period may be required.
This position is ELIGIBLE for telework; additional criteria will be required (e.g., supervisory approval).
This is a NON-BARGAINING unit position.
Relocation expenses may be paid.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Acts as team leader to direct the supervision of employees and ensure successful completion of assigned projects.
- Develops cost models for survey projects based on assumptions that are activity based, historically verifiable, and/or provided by the sponsor.
- Organize instructional conferences (surveys, video, and telephone) and develop related materials using specifications to meet the expectations and needs of the audience.
- Supervises team activities for review and evaluation of data collection programs.
- Collaborates with internal and external sponsors in preparation of the technical materials and training to create effective processes in an environment of continuous improvement.
Occasional travel - Travel required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current Department of Commerce employees (includes any Bureau under Commerce) on a permanent competitive appointment; Current Department of Commerce employee (includes any Bureau under Commerce) on a term, temporary or excepted service appointment with reinstatement eligibility; and Surplus and displaced Commerce employee (CTAP).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487079900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.