Looking for a great place to work? The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is one of the best! In 2016, USACE ranked number two of government large-agency subcomponents! As rated by their employees, USACE supervisors strongly support employee development and opportunities to demonstrate leadership skills, while also maintaining an optimal work/life balance. The Corps offers a team-inspiring and collaborative work environment; providing challenging and rewarding careers across a variety of disciplines.
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Organization:
For more information about the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC), please visit our website at www.erdc.usace.army.mil.
For additional information about the Hanover area, please visit the Hanover Chamber of Commerce website at http://hanoverchamber.org/.
About the Position:
Serves as Chief, Terrestrial and Cryospheric Sciences Branch (TCSB), ERDC, CRREL, supervising and leading a branch staff comprised of approximately 30 engineers, scientists, and support staff. The incumbent will lead the development and execution of research that enables the Army and other customers to benefit from actionable knowledge gained from the understanding and modeling of processes that govern atmosphere-ocean-ice and atmosphere-snow-land system interactions.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Develop work in the terrestrial engineering and sciences with specific focus on cold regions/cryospheric application
- Develop work programs and seek research program opportunities within the DoD, the federal government, and ERDC
- Negotiate with customers and develop proposal content
- Obtain laboratory approval and develop work acceptance documentation
- Supervise the execution of work in terrestrial engineering and sciences with specific focus on cold regions/cryospheric application for the Terrestrial & Cryospheric Sciences Branch
- Engage customers throughout the work execution process
- Transfer research technology in terrestrial engineering and sciences with specific focus on cold regions/cryospheric application for the Terrestrial & Cryospheric Sciences Branch
- Develop written documentation for publications, customers, and internal use
- Develop, mentor, and enable scientists and engineers in the Terrestrial & Cryospheric Sciences Branch
- Manage personnel
- Manage operations
- Plan strategically
25% or less - Occasional business travel away from the duty station may be required, up to 25%.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current Federal Employees, Former Federal Employees, VEOA, ICTAP, Military Spouses
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487066000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.