If you want to do interesting and challenging work and to make a contribution to national defense, DISA is a great place for you.Learn more about this agency
DISA provides secure and reliable communications and computing support that enable the President and our military forces to communicate globally through voice, video, and data transmission. DISA is a leader within the Federal Government in implementing "people programs" and offers a broad range of quality-of-life and training programs. Go to www.disa.mil for more information.
- Perform comprehensive needs analysis to define opportunities for new or improved business process solutions by consulting with customers to identify and specify requirements and researches and proposes new and emerging technologies that can drive innovation and deliver new capabilities to customers.
- Develop software systems using an expert knowledge of operating system theory, data structures, computer system architecture, software engineering, and computer communications. Develops integrated computer systems using a technical expert knowledge of: computer software concepts such as data representation, data structures, file systems, operating systems, computer languages, software development methodologies, and network protocols; computer hardware concepts such as computer architecture, computer communication systems, peripheral control systems; and development of advanced concepts of automation and information processing display, control, and transfer.
- Responsible for planning, designing, and reviewing designs of information systems.
- Plan, organize and execute the evaluation, review, analysis, and assessment of solutions to a variety of complex technology development, programmatic and acquisition problems, issues, and studies for cyber threat emulation capabilities.
- Provide for the continuing assessment of the current state of technology, future trends of technology and scientific disciplines, and the integration of emerging information technologies into command and control information processing systems to include but not limited to binary anaylsis and reverse engineering to identify malicious logic.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current or Former Permanent Federal Employees, 30% or More Disabled Veterans, Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) eligibles, Schedule A eligibles, Military Spouses Preference eligibles in the local area, Peace Corps eligibles, Family Member Preference for Overseas employment eligibles in the local area, and other individuals eligible under Special Appointment Authorities
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487063600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.