About the Position:
This position is with the United States Army Corps Engineers, Mobile District, Black Water & Tombigbee Alabama-Coosa Project, in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. The Black Warrior - Tombigbee and Alabama River Waterways Project is one of the largest Corps of Engineers' operations projects in the nation. The Project encompasses 758 miles of navigable waterway, nine locks and dams, two hydropower plants, four natural resource management offices and 62 Corps operated recreation areas. Project operations have far-reaching effects on marine transportation, industry, mining, energy supply, hydropower, natural resources, recreational opportunities, and the environment.
This positions main duty is a Crane Operator. The incumbent will on occasion perform preventative maintenance and repairs on the crane and other equipment.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (non-DOD)
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
Your duties as a Crane Operator will include:
- Operate 60 ton barge mounted, lattice boom crane
- Make periodic inspections of cables to ensure no broken strands or weaknesses
- Use crane to handle snags, trees, stumps, loading and unloading bares with various equipment
- Operate levers controlling bucket, lowering and raising bucket
- Operate crane at various angles and positions
- Interpret load charts to determine safe lifting angles and capacities
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates, VEOA, ICTAP, Military Spouses
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487020800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.