Looking for a great place to work? The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is one of the best! In 2016, USACE ranked number two of government large-agency subcomponents! As rated by their employees, USACE supervisors strongly support employee development and opportunities to demonstrate leadership skills, while also maintaining an optimal work/life balance. The Corps offers a team-inspiring and collaborative work environment; providing challenging and rewarding careers across a variety of disciplines.
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
The incumbent will serve as a Civil Engineer performing a variety of professional engineering duties related to the technical support of construction, maintenance, and operation of navigable waterways in the Mobile District. Providing technical guidance for short-term and long-term support of a portion of the Branch's projects, which include 24 coastal, 6 deep draft, and 4 inland river projects. Mobile District has over 1,100 civilian and 10 military personnel. These employees work in fields that are diverse, including project management, water resources planning and management, engineering and architectural design, construction, and operations and maintenance. The Mobile District's military mission covers over 252,000 square miles, and supports the Army, Air Force, NASA and other federal agencies in Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, and Central and South America. The civil works mission covers 96,000 square miles in Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Mississippi.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Implement long term disposal plans including development of disposal site management alternatives
- Serve in a liaison capacity with responsibility for disseminating
environmental information and guidance for long-term dredging and disposal programs
- Independently coordinate new work and maintenance dredging activities on coastal and inland navigation projects with a number of local, state, and federal environmental agencies
- Review contract plans and specifications prepared by Project office and/or Engineering Division. Insures technical adequacy of scope of work, project conditions, technical provisions, environmental and right-of-way provisions
- Provide technical assistance to project offices in the proper and orderly processing of contract modifications to include preparation of change order requests, development of government estimates, negotiations and processing of final modification documents
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training and/or site visits less than 25% of the time.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates, VEOA, ICTAP, Military Spouses
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487018700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.