Looking for a great place to work? The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is one of the best! In 2016, USACE ranked number two of government large-agency subcomponents! As rated by their employees, USACE supervisors strongly support employee development and opportunities to demonstrate leadership skills, while also maintaining an optimal work/life balance. The Corps offers a team-inspiring and collaborative work environment; providing challenging and rewarding careers across a variety of disciplines.
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
You will serve as a Natural Resource Specialist for the Bay Springs Site Office at the Jamie Whitten Visitor Center, located in Fulton, Mississippi.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Serve at a water resource development project that includes a mission to manage and conserve natural resources.
- Implement resource management actions that promote biodiversity and native species.
- Manage vegetation at recreation facilities, including monitoring shade tree health and hazard tree detection and removal.
- Enforce Title 36 CFR by educating visiting public on project purposes, conditions, policies and regulations.
- Patrol project lands and waters to prevent unauthorized use, trespass, and destruction of property and insure compliance with rules and regulations.
- Plan, promote and execute special programs such as environmental awareness events.
- Interact with the general public and special groups.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates, ICTAP, VEOA, Military Spouse
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487001300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.