WHAT DOES A CONTRACT SPECIALIST DO? As a Contract Specialist you will be responsible for a full range of planning, directing and administering complex acquisitions which are often Servicewide in scope and for pre-award and/or post award.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES THE OFFICE OF PROCUREMENT DO? The Office of Procurement provides acquisition services for all Business Units of the IRS and other Bureaus and Offices within Treasury. Our contracting professionals deliver quality service and support throughout the acquisition life cycle, from planning to close out. Our goal is to deliver quality acquisition services to ensure the IRS can meet its mission of effective tax administration.
5 vacancies to be filled in the Office of The Chief Procurement Officer, All Offices, either in the New Carrollton, MD., location at 5000 Ellin Rd. Lanham-Seabrook, Maryland 20706-1348 (MD0278) or the Vienna, VA., location at 7980 Quantum Drive., Vienna, Virginia 22182-4015 (VA0008)
As a Contract Specialist you will:
- Assist customers in developing statements of work and procurement strategy. Develop evaluation plans, pricing methodologies, and administration plans.
- Recommend streamlining initiatives; utilize the use of innovative principles to improve procurement operations and customer service.
- Serve as an advisor on acquisitions for complex equipment, supplies and services, which have a significant impact on the effectiveness of the entire tax system nationwide.
- Solicit contractual proposals, negotiate, execute, administer and terminate public contracts for the Service.
- Perform contract administration function, such as verifying evidence of contractor's progress, negotiating modifications, issuing termination notices, reviewing contract claims, approving payments, and conducting contract closeouts.
- Insure that all requirements of law, executive orders, regulations and other applicable procedures have been met and report all unlawful behavior.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current IRS Internal/Agency Employees
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486990200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.