The Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) works in partnership with the entire health care community to improve quality and efficiency in an evolving health care system and provides leadership in the broader health care marketplace.
CMS' effectiveness depends on the capabilities of a dedicated, professional staff that is committed to supporting these objectives. A career with CMS offers the opportunity to get involved in important national health care issues and be part of a dynamic, fast-paced, and highly visible organization. For more information on CMS, please visit: http://www.cms.gov/.
This position is located in the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Office of Human Capital (OHC), Talent Acquisition Group (TAG).
WHO MAY APPLY:
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veteran
- Appointment of Certain Military Spouses
- Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)
- Certain Former Overseas Employees
- Current Career/Career-Conditional Federal Employees who have held this grade
- Current Career/Career-Conditional Federal Employees who have never held this grade
- Foreign Service Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)
- Miscellaneous Authorities Not Regulated by U.S. Office of Personnel Management
- National Service (Peace Corps and VISTA)
- OPM Interchange Agreement
- Reinstatement Eligibles who have held this grade
- Reinstatement Eligibles who have never held this grade
- Schedule A, People with Disabilities
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
Click here for more information and definitions regarding applicants who may apply to this vacancy announcement.
Current Commissioned Corps Officers and boarded applicants interested in applying for this position must send their professional resume (not Curriculum Vitae) and cover letter to DSRWS-CC@cms.hhs.gov in lieu of applying through this announcement. You are to include the Job Announcement Number in the subject line and your current rank/application status in your email. Failure to provide this information may impact your consideration for this position. Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Human Resources Specialist, GS-0201-15, you will provide executive advice, guidance, and technical assistance to CMS senior officials on all matters related to recruitment, staffing and placement, position management and classification, salary negotiation and incentive programs, and human resources information technology systems. The incumbent is responsible for providing relevant scanning/benchmarking on human capital operations, plans, and procedures that contribute to CMS' mission accomplishment and organizational performance, and for implementing an integrated human capital management approach that promotes CMS as an employer of choice.
Specifically you will:
- Manage budget formulation and execution, programming and reprogramming efforts as well as program review and analysis.
- Oversee outcomes and establish revised procedures for periodic evaluation of human resources program effectiveness by assessing progress in meeting established program goals and in determining compliance with established policies and standards based on personnel management knowledge and agency goals.
- Serve as a manager and full Deputy to the Talent Acquisition Group Director by supervising GS-15 level managers and special staff.
- Lead the agency-wide effort in employing change management processes, concepts, and techniques for HR business transformation, strategic planning, and workforce development.
- Identify personnel management systemic problems and conducts studies and evaluations to meet the needs of customers and develop specific solutions to meet those needs.
Additional selections may be made from this announcement for similar positions within CMS in the same geographical location. For Central Office vacancies, the "same geographical location" includes Baltimore, Maryland; Bethesda, Maryland; and Washington, D.C.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486956500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.