This National Guard position is for a IT Specialist (SYSADMIN), Position Description Number D1626000/ D1618000 and is part of the NJ JFHQ G6, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
As a IT Specialist (SYSADMIN), GS-2210-9/11, you will:
- Provide system support on personal computer, mini-computers or main frames
- Interact with peers and vendors to resolve hardware and software problems
- Troubleshoot problems and implements changes on multiple computer platforms
- Provide technical assistance and advice to personnel
- Analyze, evaluate, and recommend hardware/software changes to various computer systems.
- Develop guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOPs), bulletins and flyers
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486952700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.