The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace.Learn more about this agency
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide:
Internal Employees (Air Force Employee - Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employee and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service)
DoD Transfer - Army, Navy, DFAS, etc. (Excluding Air Force)
Former Federal Employees (Reinstatement)
Military Spouses - Appointment of Certain Military Spouse (EO 13473)
Schedule A - Individual with Disabilities - click here for additional information
Former Overseas Employees (EO 12721)
ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program)
Non-DoD Transfer (OPM, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.)
Federal Employees with Other Appointment Eligibilities (TSA, FAA, Postal, etc.)
VEOA (Veterans Employment Opportunity Act)
VRA (Veterans' Recruitment Appointment)
30% Disabled Veterans
You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted with each application package to be considered. "Transfer" and "Reinstatement" eligibles must provide their most current SF-50 and the SF-50 reflecting the highest grade held if not reflected on most current/separation SF-50. *Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list.
- The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a senior professional mechanical engineer, performing design duties in support of a military installation or complex. Leads a design team of lower graded engineers/architects from a variety of disciplines and technical staff on larger more complex multi-phase projects.
- Performs planning and design work for substantial multi-phase new construction, renovation, and improvement projects for a variety of real property facilities, including utility systems, utilizing a professional knowledge of mechanical engineering.
- Serves as consulting mechanical engineer on all design aspects of assigned projects. Coordinates the preparation of and reviews A&E statements of work (SOW). Coordinates projects with other engineers in other disciplines or with architects.
- Keeps abreast of emerging technologies to ensure programmed development will not prematurely become obsolete. In conjunction with the primary duty of engineering design, on a less frequent basis performs work in the construction management, programming/base development, and/or operations and maintenance (O&M) functions.
- Complies with health, safety, and environmental rules and procedures and performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel for temporary duty required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Federal Employees, VEOA, Individuals with Disabilities, Military Spouses, and Former Overseas Employees. See Job Summary for further information on "Who May Apply".
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486945800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.