DFAS' mission is to lead the DoD in finance and accounting by ensuring the delivery of efficient, exceptional quality pay and financial information. We take pride in serving the men and women who defend America. DFAS is seeking goal-oriented people who like a challenge and care about serving our country. We offer rewarding careers in finance, accounting, information systems, contracting services, human resources, clerical work and many other areas. For more information, visit www.dfas.mil.
- Who may apply: Current Permanent DFAS Agency Employees Only
- The following link will help you determine if you meet the eligibility to apply for this position:
- PLEASE NOTE: You will be considered only for those appointment eligibilities for which you select, attach supporting documentation and are found eligible.
- Uses COBOL on an IBM mainframe to create, modify and maintain software solutions for the Defense Finance and Accounting Service.
- Analyzes designs, codes, conducts peer reviews, Unit Tests and implements system changes and enhancements.
- Identifies how system modifications or new systems or subsystems affect current systems; prepares cost analysis; establishes target completion dates; and prioritizes proposed system changes or developments.
- Prepares system documentation for purposes of improving software development processes in accordance with acceptable industry standards.
- Analyzes functional and technical requirements of proposed or existing IT systems to determine avenues of development or modification necessary to meet mission objectives.
25% or less - Less than 25%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current Permanent DFAS Agency Employees Only
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486943400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.