As the world's largest finance and accounting firm, the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) pays all Department of Defense (DoD) military and civilian personnel, retirees and annuitants, and major DoD contractors and vendors. We take great pride in serving the men and women who serve America, and invite goal-oriented people like you to challenge yourself while providing a service to our nation. Employment with DFAS means access to generous benefits such as: health, vision, and dental insurance, retirement benefits, paid time off, and educational benefits.Learn more about this agency
DFAS is using the Direct Hire Authority (DHA) for DOD Cyber Workforce Positions to recruit and appoint individuals to positions that meet the definition of "cyber workforce" (also known as "cyberspace workforce") as defined in DoDD 8140.01, "Cyberspace Workforce Management," and must be anticipated to become part of the cyber excepted service. Positions in the cyber excepted service are positions necessary to carry out the responsibilities of the United States Cyber Command.
Vacancy Information: Position is located in: I&T directorate, payroll services, DJMS-AC, DFAS - Indianapolis, IN
Who may apply: United States Citizens
- Uses COBOL on an IBM mainframe to create, modify and maintain software solutions for the Defense Finance and Accounting Service.
- Analyzes designs, codes, conducts peer reviews, Unit Tests and implements system changes and enhancements.
- Identifies how system modifications or new systems or subsystems affect current systems; prepares cost analysis; establishes target completion dates; and prioritizes proposed system changes or developments.
- Prepares system documentation for purposes of improving software development processes in accordance with acceptable industry standards.
- Analyzes functional and technical requirements of proposed or existing IT systems to determine avenues of development or modification necessary to meet mission objectives.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All US Citizens.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486942300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.