The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win?in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
Applications will be accepted from United States citizens (U.S. citizenship required at time of application).
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
For information on veteran's preference click here
Military Spouse Preference (MSP): Click here for specific program requirements. To request MSP hiring preference, you must submit the following documents:
- Application or resume;
- Statement requesting MSP; and
- Copy of military sponsor's PCS orders
- The primary purpose of this position is: The purpose of this position is to 1) collect, analyze, interpret and publish an array of economic information; 2) provide interpretive information, advise, and counsel officials charged with responsibility for such decisions; 3) inform and/or develop Government policy and inform and/or draft proposed legislation to meet problems related to interpersonal and self-directed violence and resilience, current and anticipated.
- Performs quantitative or qualitative analysis of adversarial economic systems and organizations in order to provide targeting recommendations or effects assessments in support of solutions for self-directed violence prevention (ISDV). Recommends priorities for economic studies, evaluations, and assessments (cost analysis, cost-benefit, cost- effectiveness, and cost-utility) related to interpersonal and self-directed violence prevention activities including, but not limited to, strategies, programs, and process; identifies study or evaluation methodologies, designs studies (i.e., identify appropriate research methodologies, develop assessments and evaluations, interpret results), leverages models and simulations to understand human behavior and drivers of (ISDV) and resilience.
- Serves as advisor and consultant in regard to economic studies. Analyzes project requirements and potential problems in order to set project objectives and identify approaches to meet mission requirements. Provides technical assistance in the development of study methodology, interventions, and the implementation of study protocols in research settings. Provides leadership economic evaluation studies to evaluate the outcome and cost of developing new and innovative approaches to studying the economics of interpersonal and self-directed violence prevention activities. Incumbent serves as subject matter expert for economics research in interpersonal and self-directed violence prevention.
- Conducts analysis using various data sources to provide cost analysis, cost-benefit, cost-effectiveness, and cost-utility. Maintains
expertise in the state of the art regarding economic evaluation analysis including, but not limited to, methodologies, ongoing research and project findings, and the application of findings; researching economic, evaluation, public health, and other scientific literature; identifying significant observations related to prevention services; and serving as a primary resource on economic evaluation issues, measuring the integrity of assessment findings.
- Conducts in-depth analysis of data and prepares a variety of technical and non-technical reports, including manuscripts for publication in the peer-reviewed literature. Reviews economic methodologies and results of economic studies on the most complicated, regionally and nationally significant projects. Analyzes economic aspects to determine if proposed work is within policy and technically sound.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486901000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.