This National Guard position is for a POWERED SUPPORT SYSTEMS MECHANIC, Position Description Number NGD0324000 and is part of the TX 149th Fighter Wing, National Guard.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
This position is located at 149FW, Kelly AFB, San Antonio, TX. The primary purpose of this position is to accomplish maintenance on electronically controlled powered support equipment containing highly complex digital devices and integrated circuits.
TEXAS AIR NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: Nationwide Excepted. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, Indefinite, or temporary personnel of the Texas Air National Guard
- All current members of the Texas Air National Guard, and individuals immediately eligible for membership in the Texas Air National Guard who meet the compatibility requirements.
NOTES: This announcement is Open Until Filled, NTE one year. Applicants will be referred to selecting supervisor(s) approximately every two weeks. Applications received after referrals have been made will be considered for the next referral period and so on throughout the life of the announcement.
Texas National Guard Job Opportunities Learn more about this agency
As a POWERED SUPPORT SYSTEMS MECHANIC, WG-5378-10:
- Responsible for the accurate interpretation of numerous manufacturer drawings, specifications, operating instructions, and test procedures, to troubleshoot, calibrate, align and repair a variety of highly complex pieces of powered support equipment.
- Performs inspections, preventive maintenance, servicing, repair, and adjustments on complex rotary diesel engines.
- Must independently determine work sequences, specifications, and special procedures to be used to fault-isolate and repair unusual problems in various pieces of powered support equipment.
- Performs intermediate-level maintenance on powered support equipment and non-powered AGE. This includes working on cryogenic equipment, engine and generator changes, removing, repairing, and overhauling of accessories, and rebuilding of units.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, overhauls, modifies and operates aerospace ground equipment such as AC and DC power generators, various types of internal combustion engines, air compressors, blowers, hydraulic test stands, cabin leakage testers, portable diesel engine driven generators, emergency lighting units, de-icers, heaters, load banks, hydrostatic testers, cryogenic carts, decontamination units, thermal bath, vacuum pumps, flow meters, lavatory service trailers, air conditioners and various pieces of non-powered AGE.
- Performs maintenance data collection, and prepares other required forms. Maintains Technical Orders, Technical Order Files, commercial technical publications and other directives pertinent to the section.
- Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluation such as ORI, IG and UE inspections, mobility, and command support exercises.
- Participates and assists in conducting the necessary safety program for the Aerospace Ground Equipment activity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Full description of the PD can be located at the link below:
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Nationwide (See Open Areas of Consideration) Texas Air National Guard Membership is Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486880200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.