THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This position is part of the 149th Fighter Wing and is located in Kelly Field Annex, Joint Base San Antonio, Texas. The primary purpose of this position is to accomplish maintenance on electronically controlled powered support equipment containing highly complex digital devices and integrated circuits.
Texas National Guard Job Opportunities
As a POWERED SUPPORT SYSTEMS MECHANIC (Title 32) with the Texas Air National Guard, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Responsible for the accurate interpretation of numerous manufacturer drawings, specifications, operating instructions, and test procedures, to troubleshoot, calibrate, align and repair a variety of highly complex pieces of powered support equipment.
- Performs inspections, preventive maintenance, servicing, repair, and adjustments on complex rotary diesel engines.
- Must independently determine work sequences, specifications, and special procedures to be used to fault-isolate and repair unusual problems in various pieces of powered support equipment.
- Performs intermediate-level maintenance on powered support equipment and non-powered AGE. This includes working on cryogenic equipment, engine and generator changes, removing, repairing, and overhauling of accessories, and rebuilding of units.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, overhauls, modifies and operates aerospace ground equipment such as AC and DC power generators, various types of internal combustion engines, air compressors, blowers, hydraulic test stands, cabin leakage testers, portable diesel engine driven generators, emergency lighting units, de-icers, heaters, load banks, hydrostatic testers, cryogenic carts, decontamination units, thermal bath, vacuum pumps, flow meters, lavatory service trailers, air conditioners and various pieces of non-powered AGE.
- Performs maintenance data collection, and prepares other required forms. Maintains Technical Orders, Technical Order Files, commercial technical publications and other directives pertinent to the section.
- Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluation such as ORI, IG and UE inspections, mobility, and command support exercises.
- Participates and assists in conducting the necessary safety program for the Aerospace Ground Equipment activity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Full description of the PD can be located at the link below:
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486880200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.