WHAT DOES A MANAGEMENT PROGRAM ANALYST DO? As a Project/Program Manager you will be responsible for accomplishing various analytical studies and/or projects relating to substantive, mission-oriented programs of the Internal Revenue Service. The studies or projects involve complex programs, system or issues and have impact on multiple IRS locations and/or organization. In the role you will coordinate the impact of the project with employees and managers in all affected areas within the Service and with individuals and organizations outside the Service. Specifically, you will use your analytical and technical skills to conduct in-depth analyses of project data, requirements, and impact and you will identify problem areas and determine how to resolve them.Learn more about this agency
WHAT IS THE APPLIED RESEARCH ANALYSIS AND STATISTICS DIVISION (RAAS): THE RAAS Divison anticipates and meets customer’s needs by providing leading research, analytical, statistical, and technology services. RAAS provides an intellectually challenging and supportive environment for our employees. We are the leading source for data analytics, analytical and statistical support, research tools and information, and breakthrough technologies within the IRS. RAAS recommendations, studies, and data are effectively used to assist in the administration of the U.S. tax system and to improve IRS performance. Our projects encompass a variety of subjects, including statistical analyses, program evaluations, research on topics affecting tax administration, compliance studies, and the administration of enterprise research resources. RAAS serves as a consultant to the IRS Commissioner and the Senior Executive Team and is a strategic partner for decisions affecting Servicewide operations.
This is a roster announcement establishes 12 months roster of eligible applicants. This roster will be utilized for up to 12 months form the date the roster is established. We are projecting approximately 6 vacancies may be filled. All applicants must apply and be eligible (and meet qualifications) at the time the Announcement closes to remain on the roster. Announcement will be open for 12 months with the following cut-off dates: 1/05/18; 3/05/2018; 6/05/2018 and 9/05/2018. Applicants may also update their applications by the cut off dates listed. Applicants will be referred as vacancies become available.
Positions are Remain in Post of Duty.
As a MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAM ANALYST, you will:
- Meet with managers and executives within the Service to define the overall goals and objectives of the project.
- Prepare short and long term complex action plans and schedules for various phases of project accomplishment, both short and long-range; ensure that plans are consistent with Service goals, schedules and policies.
- Prepare recommendations for resource requirements to accomplish the project; negotiate with managers of various components of the Service to obtain needed resources and support.
- Direct, coordinate, and integrate the work of employees assigned to the project. Review the work of project participants for adherence to established policies and to ensure compatibility and consistency in meeting overall project objectives.
- Conducts in-depth analyses of project data and requirements to identify problem areas, assess impact, and formulate solutions; prepares policy statements, and other written guidelines and recommendations relating to the project. Coordinates and establishes operating methods and procedures for accomplishment of project mission; directs the development and accomplishment of employee and customer training relating to the project.
- Prepares HCO directives, memoranda, service-wide policy Conducts briefings and prepares comprehensive reports to keep managers and executives advised of project plans and progress and to communicate findings and recommendations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - 1 To 5 Nights Per Month May be Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…-Current IRS Internal/Agency Employees
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486868800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.