Become a part of an innovative, dynamic, nationwide organization of dedicated health care providers working to meet the individual health care needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives. Indian Health Service (IHS) employees are considerate in our care, creative in our approach, enthusiastic about our work and compassionate with our patients.Learn more about this agency
Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives.
The incumbent of this position serves as Human Resources Officer for the Navajo Region, providing a comprehensive range of human resource management services including management advisory functions, position classification, pay administration, recruitment and placement, labor-management/employee relations, employee benefits/payroll liaison/employee services, and organizational design. This position reports directly to the Navajo Area Area Director
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Supervises through subordinate supervisors, team leaders, and senior staff, a group of employees in different geographical locations.
- Provides expert advisory, consultative, and technical services to regional program and line managers in the various Areas' offices on a broad range of human resources issues that involve complex and controversial issues.
- Conducts and advises senior management officials on recruitment, examination, and selection processes, regulations, and requirements.
- Manages, coordinates and reviews classification, compensation, and position management activities and provides advice on complex and multi-faceted issues.
- Directs the regional employee/labor-management relations programs, including negotiations and administration of collective bargaining agreements.
- Coordinates the regional employee benefits/payroll liaison/employee services functions.
- Provides workforce analytics, technical assistance and consultation to regional organizations in workforce planning activities
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Candidates eligible under Indian Preference appointing authority; All Federal employees serving on a career or career-conditional appointment; Reinstatement eligible; Veterans Preference including Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA); Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) eligible; Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligible; Schedule A, and/or PHS Commissioned Corps Personnel
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486842300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.