This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC (PHASE), Position Description Number NGD1366000 and is part of the TX 149th Fighter Wing, National Guard.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
This position is located at 149FW, Kelly AFB, San Antonio, TX. The purpose of this position is to inspect, repair, modify, and service aircraft systems, components, and assemblies, both on- and off-aircraft.
TEXAS AIR NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: Nationwide Excepted. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, Indefinite, or temporary personnel of the Texas Air National Guard
- All current members of the Texas Air National Guard, and individuals immediately eligible for membership in the Texas Air National Guard who meet the compatibility requirements.
NOTES: This announcement is Open Until Filled, NTE one year. Applicants will be referred to selecting supervisor(s) approximately every two weeks. Applications received after referrals have been made will be considered for the next referral period and so on throughout the life of the announcement.
Texas National Guard Job Opportunities Learn more about this agency
As a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC (PHASE), WG-8852-10:
- Performs inspections, functional checks, and preventive maintenance on aircraft to include periodic, phase, hourly, preflight, postflight, calendar, thru-flight, and special inspections such as fuel contamination, emergency equipment, and oil sampling.
- Troubleshoots and performs unscheduled maintenance on assigned and transient aircraft, utilizing various gauges, meters, measuring devices and other related test equipment.
- May be required to perform user and organizational level maintenance on assigned support equipment, including inspection, repair, modification, and corrosion prevention.
- Provides data for aircraft maintenance historical records, complete maintenance data collection, man-hour accounting, and other forms as required.
- Instructs, directs, and assigns maintenance repair tasks to drill status guard members.
- Complies with safety, fire, security, and housekeeping regulations.
- Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations such as MEI, ORI, IG and UE inspections, mobility and command support exercises.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Full description of the PD can be located at the link below:
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Nationwide (See Open Areas of Consideration) Texas Air National Guard Membership is Required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486806700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.