This National Guard position is for a Aircraft Mechanic, Position Description Number D0483000 and is part of the NJ AASF 1, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
As a Aircraft Mechanic, WG-8852-10, you will:
- Participate in various types of readiness evaluations
- Perform inspection, functional checks, and preventive maintenance on aircraft
- Troubleshoot and perform unscheduled maintenance on assigned aircraft utilizing various testing equipment
- Observe and ensure compliance with standard procedures and applicable technical publications
- Provide data for aircraft maintenance historical records,maintenance data, collection, and man-hour accounting
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…National Guard
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486796500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.