OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply.
For more information on the "Who may apply" eligibility requirements, please refer to the OHRM Status Candidates and Other Candidate Definitions document.
NOTE: This announcement is open only to permanent employees of the Department of Veterans Affairs. If you do not meet this area of consideration, you will not be considered for this position.
A relocation incentive may be offered to a highly qualified candidate.Learn more about this agency
This full-time, permanent position is located at the Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center in Houston, Texas, in the Human Resources Management Service. The incumbent will be responsible for providing advisory and technical services regarding a wide variety of labor relations issues - including disciplinary/adverse actions, employee conduct, negotiated/agency grievances, third-party appeals, collective bargaining agreements, performance management, and unfair labor practice complaints - for an assigned segment of one of the largest and most complex facilities in the Veterans Health Administration. Specific responsibilities associated with the position include, but are not limited to:
- Providing advice and guidance regarding the appropriate courses of action for employee conduct issues
- Composing letters related to disciplinary/adverse actions and developing and maintaining evidence files
- Processing grievances filed under negotiated and agency grievance procedures
- Processing third-party appeals (filing initial agency response and appropriate motions, preparing witnesses and exhibits, acting as agency representative or technical advisor, composing post-hearing briefs, etc.)
- Providing advice regarding the Federal Labor Relations Statute and the collective bargaining agreement
- Responding to union requests in a timely and appropriate manner
- Preparing management for local negotiations and settlement discussions
- Providing performance management advice and processing performance appraisals and proficiency reports
- Interpreting regulations and policies, implementing changes, completing reports, and conducting training for one or more assigned program areas (performance management, leave administration, standards of ethics, suitability, etc.)
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4:00pm. Alternate work schedule may be available.
Position Description Title/PD#: Human Resources Specialist (Labor Relations)/3438-A
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Agency Employees Only
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486773500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.