This position is located in the Peace Corps, Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Budget and Analysis. The incumbent supervises all budget operations within the agency (external and interal budget formulation, budget execution and budget reporting), ensuring accuracy, timeliness, equity, and quality customer service to the program offices.Learn more about this agency
The Budget Officer performs the following major duties:
- Provides broad administrative and policy direction in the formulation and justification of budgets for an entire Federal agency.
- Plans and implements agency-wide program and budget guidance governing the execution of budgets.
- Performs the administrative and human resource management functions relative to the staff supervised.
- Generates new concepts and methodologies in budget formulation.
- Recommends policies that impact on substantive program goals and national priorities.
- Serves as a senior expert and consultant to top the agency management officials to advise on integrating the budgeting system.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
- Internal agency employees; including agency temporary employees, eligible agency Experts, and eligible agency personal services contractors
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486746200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.